Monday, February 21, 2011

Bake-apalooza

Tonight, after a calmer weekend, I ended up going nuts in the kitchen! We're short on cash, so I wanted to bake some desserts. I was also inspired to make Boule bread, after reading about it on another blog. Earlier this afternoon I had mixed up the Artisan Bread Dough, so it was waiting in the fridge. After supper, Tyler and I started the cookies, while Paul took care of using the apple peeler-corer-slicer on some Granny Smiths and got them into the bowl with the sugar and spices for the pie filling. While the cookies were baking, I made the pie crust and assembled it. Cookies out, adjust temp, pie in. Then while the pie was baking, I got the bread shaped and ready to rise. About 45 minutes later: pie out, bread in. By the time the bread was done and I took this photo, a lot of the cookies were MIA. All was good if I say so myself. We all liked the bread the most though. Yum!

No comments: