- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee (decaf, if preferred)
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- dash of fine grain sea salt
1. Whisk together the coffee and coconut milk in a medium-sized pot. Bring mixture to a simmer and reduce heat to low.
2. Sift in the cocoa powder, whisking quickly to incorporate until no clumps remain. Whisk in maple syrup to taste and a dash of sea salt.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Serve immediately with vegan marshmallows and/or sugar-rimmed glasses or mugs. Store any leftovers in a glass jar in the fridge.
This was pretty good! I did adjust the sweetener a bit, since I like my coffee drinks sweet.
The new coffee maker
Ingredients for the vegan mocha
Non-dairy topping that is not all chemical-ey
I think I'll go make some more right now!