Monday, January 4, 2016

Lotus Powder Plus and Henna

I stopped perming and dyeing my hair a long time ago, due to the damage it caused.  But I still wanted to spiff up my hair somewhat, so I began to use henna.  It is a *bit* of a mess to use, but I have my routine down to almost a science now.  I also like to make a conditioning blend, based on a product that, unfortunately, is no longer available.  It was called "Lotus Powder Plus".  One of the gals from the Longhair Community had figured out a recipe.  I have been mixing up what I thought were the correct herbs, but found out today (after I had previously mixed up a large batch) that I had one of the ingredients wrong.  It isn't a bad thing, since the herb in question is still good for the hair, but I want to get as close as I can to the original formula.  

I henna my hair every six to eight weeks.  I love the dark red tint.



Lotus Powder Plus Batch

My favorite hennas

Results

All the way to the ends!


No comments: