Thursday, January 21, 2016

A New Session of Bible Study

My Bible study group finished our Daniel study before Christmas.  We had a break and are now working on a study of Malachi.  It's a shorter and less intense study.  The videos are important to this study - it does not stand alone well without them.  And the videos are funny, because the author, Lisa Harper, is a hoot.

Today, Paul and I went for coffee (I was picking up from the co-op, which is sort of near his work).  We were talking about a work issue he had, and how he knew there was a problem in a certain situation.  Without thinking I said, "Oh, so you saw the writing on the wall".  Then I realized I was using the idiom that we had learned got its source from Daniel (Daniel 5:5, if you want to look it up!).  I explained all this to Paul - not sure how interested he was, but I was very proud of myself for remembering this!


Malachi: a messenger sent to a spiritually wretched people 
- can apply as much today as it did back then.

A Chesterton quote from the study:
"God had written, not so much a poem, but rather a play; 
a play he had planned as perfect, but which had necessarily been left 
to human actors and stage-managers, who had since made a great mess of it.”

No comments: