Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tea and Movies

Once a month or so, I hostess a "Movie Night" for my friends who love tea and old movies. We watch costume dramas (movies like Sense & Sensibility and Little Women) and the old black and white films (such as The Heiress and Laura). I serve the tea buffet style. We usually have our savories and first cup of tea prior to starting the movie, then take a break in the middle for our sweets and fresh tea. Of course, everyone is free to replenish their plates and cups at any point throughout the movie! I always use my good china, because I hate the thought of that lovely wedding china only being used a few times a year for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. And it makes for a lovely table setting. The flowers are silk, made at a past tea event I had where we learned how to make Tussie-Mussies.

Here is my most recent table setting before we all dug in:





No comments: