Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Kitchen Drawer Reorganization

In my small-space kitchen, drawer space is at a premium. So I was very unhappy with an overloaded, inefficient drawer where I kept the majority of my kitchen tools. For some reason on Thanksgiving I got this strange motivation to clean and reorganize it. I guess the thought of all the cooking I was going to do made me want to not be rummaging and hunting for things. So I emptied it out completely, thoroughly washed it, purged unnecessary items (and there were tons of 'em), moved others, and sorted. The main improvement however, was the simple rotation of my drawer divider 90 degrees to the right. It made things fit better, and they are much easier to see. If I had been thinking, I would have taken a "before" picture!

Well, here it is, and it was and has been a joy to work with ever since I straightened it out:


No comments: