Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Reflections on Christmas

Christmas was lovely this year, except that I became ill on Christmas Day.  I had a stomach bug.  But my family took over and made the dinner.  Fortunately I was able to sing at church on Christmas Eve.  I rested all Christmas, briefly watched the gift exchange, and then later was able join the family for Grace and candle lighting, that is all.  But it was a lovely season.


We had some snow.  Donnie could not resist venturing out.

Our tree was beautiful.  This is my favorite ornament.  


I wore my hair in a blinged-out fashion.  Sparkles!


We sang the Hallelujah Chorus at the end of Midnight Mass.

 
Then we came home and ate some figgy pudding with a chocolate Brandy Alexander sauce.  

Then Santa came!

Our Advent Wreath candles were replaced with pure white candles on Christmas Morn.  
Welcome Baby Jesus!



2 comments:

Maureen O'Grady said...

Hi Celeste! So glad you had a wonderful season and are feeling better now. Donnie looks like a little lynx!

Thought of you today... in an antique shop and they had a number of darling and unique parasols. Here's the link to the shop, at Harlem and Touhy:

http://www.antiqueandresale.com/site/index.shtml

Happy, happy New Year to you and your family!

Celeste said...

Thanks for the link. Antique parasols can be hard to come by. Happy New Year to you too!