Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Reflections on Christmas

Christmas was lovely this year, except that I became ill on Christmas Day.  I had a stomach bug.  But my family took over and made the dinner.  Fortunately I was able to sing at church on Christmas Eve.  I rested all Christmas, briefly watched the gift exchange, and then later was able join the family for Grace and candle lighting, that is all.  But it was a lovely season.

We had some snow.  Donnie could not resist venturing out.

Our tree was beautiful.  This is my favorite ornament.  

I wore my hair in a blinged-out fashion.  Sparkles!

We sang the Hallelujah Chorus at the end of Midnight Mass.

Then we came home and ate some figgy pudding with a chocolate Brandy Alexander sauce.  

Then Santa came!

Our Advent Wreath candles were replaced with pure white candles on Christmas Morn.  
Welcome Baby Jesus!


Maureen O'Grady said...

Hi Celeste! So glad you had a wonderful season and are feeling better now. Donnie looks like a little lynx!

Thought of you today... in an antique shop and they had a number of darling and unique parasols. Here's the link to the shop, at Harlem and Touhy:


Happy, happy New Year to you and your family!

Celeste said...

Thanks for the link. Antique parasols can be hard to come by. Happy New Year to you too!