Monday, October 5, 2009

London - Madame Tussauds Wax Museum

Loads of fun! On Saturday afternoon, Kristin and I finished with the Sherlock Holmes Museum, then walked over to Madame Tussauds. There was a bit of a "queue" as they say in England, but it was only 20 minutes or so. It was well worth the wait. I was under the impression that the exhibits would be roped off, for viewing from afar only. Not so! The wax figures are standing about, ready to be examined closely and posed with. Sometimes it got a little creepy, as when a "person" I thought was a fellow tourist standing next to me was actually a wax figure!

Anyway, we had a blast. Besides the figures in the various rooms (each room had a different theme, such as political figures, movie stars, historical figures, etc.), there was also a ride (sort of like a tame roller coaster) where one got to go through a big display on some of England's history. We also purchased three formal photographs that the staff took; one was of me with the Queen! It looked so convincing that I played a joke on my friends when I showed them the picture, and told them "Look, I got to meet the Queen!" (I admitted the truth immediately after, but they all said they couldn't tell at first that it was a wax figure.)


Me with Captain Picard (Patrick Stewart). I took this one for Paul, since he is a "Trekkie".

Kristin with Brad and Angelina. We all think Kristin resembles Angelina a bit.


Kristin with Orlando Bloom. We loved him in The Lord of the Rings.


Kristin with Nicole Kidman (Leonardo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp to the sides).
Nicole looked so real.


Kristin in High School Musical


Me with Spiderman. I took this one for Tyler, who loves Spiderman.


Kristin and Prince Harry. We were surprised by how tall the princes are.

With Prince William

Kristin and her hero, The Bard himself, William Shakespeare

We had the honor of "meeting" Pope John Paul II!


I recommend a visit to the Wax Museum to anyone travelling to London. It was so much fun, especially with a teenager along. The artistry is just amazing.

No comments: