Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stepping Back In Time


Paul and I traveled to Kenosha, Wisconsin for a reenactment with the Old Northwest Volunteers. It was our first reenactment together, and the first time where I felt I had all of my garments and accessories the way they should be. It was a lot of fun. We got to know the others in the group, played games and welcomed soldiers back from their training in preparation to head out to Pennsylvania for the war. We were just outside the Kenosha Civil War Museum.


The gardens were lovely. We took several pictures of each other among the flowers (Note: I wanted to get rid of the modern building behind Paul, so I did a really bad, first attempt photo-shop job of the background. But just look at him, not the scenery!). My day dress was completed the night before the event. Most of Paul's clothing was made by online tailors. But his vest was made by yours truly out of silk from Vogue Fabrics in Evanston, IL.


Although I was up until 3:30 am the night before finishing the handworked buttonholes on the vest, I didn't mind because I am very pleased with how the vest came out.

What a lovely day we had. It was so good to travel back!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Very lovely dress! I really love the first picture, in black and white. It looks really authentic! :)

Amy
Cherry_Ames on S&S

Mrs. V. said...

Please stop by my blog as I have passed a blog award on to you. I have enjoyed your blog for quite a while now and just wanted to let you know.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! It is beautiful and your husband's vest is very well-done! What a grand adventure to attend a reenactment and feel "fully dressed"!!

Deanna
lady_irish on s&s