Monday, March 19, 2007

Salad for Lunch


I have been trying to incorporate more fresh produce into our meals. Plus, I am trying to lose weight. I was heavier than I wanted to be in the first place; then, with my broken ankle, my workouts have been non-existent. I made a salad for lunch today, with lots of "stuff" in it, and I am looking forward to a nice sunny walk today (now that the doctor has given me the okay to walk in my Aircast boot) with grandson. I like salads best with a variety of ingredients (including bleu cheese, or in this case, Feta cheese), and Newman's Own Light Raspberry and Walnut dressing. I am more likely to eat salad and relish it under those conditions.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

So happy to have found your blog, Celeste!!! The salad looks delicious, I too am a big fan of a salad full of yummy things. I kept weight off one summer, of not working out, by eating a fresh salad from our garden every day for lunch. Now, after seeing the picture and reading your post... this pregnant stomach of mine is crying for a salad, and it is after 2am *smile*!!

Kathryn

Celeste said...

Hi Kathryn,

I hope to have a successful garden this year too. I'm using square foot gardening, but my mistake was not making chicken wire covers to keep the chipmunks out - they decimated everything!

Celeste