Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Resolution

A month has passed and, surprisingly, what seemed to be a most calamitous occurrence with two family members actually ended up being positive in many respects. Without disclosing too much personal stuff, just imagine this: young people, peer pressure, lack of thinking, and immaturity. It was like walking through a nightmare; I kept begging someone to wake me up. The two weeks that followed were so stressful, my blood pressure skyrocketed and I felt so ill.

But the sky was not falling after all. It's amazing that God often requires struggle to obtain growth. I could not have imagined in those first weeks that things could actually end up better. Before, I was living in a world of illusions. I did think at the time this all was discovered, that I would prefer the illusions to the truth. I do know now the meaning of leaving things in God's hands. There is just no control! One must just trust in God's plan. This is a great load off my mind, although scary to just let go of the illusion of control.

The results:
  • The family members in question had a giant wake-up call, and now appear to be headed along the right path.
  • The changes that have occurred as a result of this have removed a great deal of stress, so that I feel emotionally free to pursue my interests, something that has been stagnating for a long time.
  • Because of the health scare I had, Paul and I are now on a sensible exercise and eating plan.
  • I guess I have more "intestinal fortitude" than I thought!

No comments: